Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Robo crashes



How does this work? I'd love to add some sound of crashing.
Here is the dropbox link just in case.

I was wondering if we had to add this to the reel too...

////////////////////////////critique///////////////////////////////////
for cartoony motion like this, think of the buildup of energy and release.
right now the running is constant, but think of your character like a coiled spring...it needs to push down into a compressed state in order to fly forwards. Also, quick to settle back, slow to store energy, fast to release


look at timecode 1:18


4 comments:

  1. and no...the midterm reel is through week 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel like most of the time when i've seen a cartoony run like this, most of the actual leg motion happens in the build up, then at the release the character kind of flies across the screen like a dart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jeff: oh no!! I hope I'm not late.. I'll mail it to you right away!
    @justin: yeah, I know, i was looking at references in the coyote and roadrunner and in there is like there is a lot of build up. The release is mostly like a lot of dust the character disappears within a frame. But for Dash in the Incredibles you can actually see him run. Although it is a lot of motion blur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at the pelvis on those older cartoons and ignore the legs...the coyote often starts running, then crouches into an anticipation pose, and then releases the energy like unplugging a cork.

    also consider having the leap fall into a run

    ReplyDelete