I wasn't sure how to get it to look like he was balancing between steps without the hips moving in the Z. I think I might have gotten it through grabbing the feet and the root, keying all keys controlling any of the nodes on all of them and translating them all together untill the Z-rot for the Root was almost zero all the way across. I then deleted the root keys, letting it bounce up and down and right to left as I cleaned up the keys in the feet. The feet keep a bit of a lag mimicing what I was going for by translating the root.
for this one, i would switch it walking with translation, as opposed to being in place.
ReplyDeletewhat i'd do is grab the feet and pelvis. go to anim layers. create a new layer using selected.
set 2 keys on this layer. first key at the start frame. then at the last frame, translate the character forwards. go to the graph editor and make these keys linear. When the foot slide is at a minimum and the stride length feels right, merge the layers using smart bake.
t
right now, what's off is the timing of the feet and the vertical translation of the pelvis. the pelvis isn't falling and rising the right way, and the feet accellerate and decellerate at the right rate. it's tricky doing a walk like this, but this feels like it slows down only a bit in parts...not like a full on zombie lurch.
Try this as well...set up a webcam or iphone or some recording device, and record yourself doing the action. put it in quicktime and study the timing.